Wednesday, August 17, 2011

DQS 11...FINISHED!!!!

This little piece measures 13" X 13" finished...The original pattern inspiration was a full size quilt "Bricks and Stones" from Red pepper Quilts....
Here is the final project...On its way to its new home across the ocean.....
Just a few added extras to make my swap partners package special...I am passing on the pattern I purchased and used as inspiration  "Bricks and Stones" from Red pepper Quilts, 5" squares of fabrics used in the project( over 30 different designer fabrics ad Moda solids were used to create this little piece) , a pin cushion made from left over squares and some fun pins....


You can also check out many many amazing quilts that have been created in this swap. I feel so lucky to have been accepted as a newbie swapper... I have uploaded a series of photos into the previous post...Hopefully I will have time this weekend to put up a little tutorial. The redrafting part of this was the most difficult..once that was done...it was just plain fun to make this...I have to confess, I ended up making two because of all the starts and stops, scraps and extras left around...It was a bit difficult to part with..I do hope my swap partner will like it...
Check out the random photos on the DQS 11 page....

2 comments:

  1. fantastic Patricia,i love the fabrics you chose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very zingy :)
    How did you mange to get the tiny squares sewn together without them shredding?

    ReplyDelete